Monday Munchies: No Cook Breakfast
It’s Monday and we’re hungry! We gave you a list of the 10 foods teens should eat in our September issue and now we want to show you some tasty ways to prepare them. Start the week off right with a simple, healthy, and delicious recipe that focuses on teen nutrition and that even the most kitchen-newbie can create. This week, No Cook Breakfast!
Tired of getting up in the morning to cook breakfast? Make it at night! This delicious oatmeal can be made overnight so you can sleep in!
- 1/3 cup dried rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- toppings such as sliced banana; diced apples, pears, peaches; chopped almonds or walnuts; dried fruit; cinnamon; honey drizzle
- Mix together oats, milk, and yogurt
- Refrigerate overnight. The liquids will absorb to soften the oatmeal for a no-fuss breakfast.
- Add the toppings of your choice. You can also put this in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for about one minute.
*Bonus: Triple the recipe and make breakfast for your whole family
But oatmeal doesn’t just have to be eaten at breakfast. Try these recipes that use the same oats from your breakfast in some very creative ways!