Join Our Bullying Prevention Month Twitter Chat!
As a way to celebrate Bullying Prevention Month, Choices wants to help you promote a climate of positivity in your school. We're hosting a #KindClassroom Twitter chat with Scholastic tonight — Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 9 p.m. EST. We'll be answering questions about the topic and opening the floor to anyone else who wants to share their wisdom as well.
Want to participate? Here's how:
- Follow the @Choices_Mag and @ScholasticTeach accounts
- Use the hashtag #KindClassroom to follow the conversation, chime in with answers, and ask your own questions
It's that simple! Teachers, parents, anti-bullying experts, and students: Anyone is welcome to join.
If you're not available during the chat, don't worry! You can scroll through the hashtag afterward to see the entire conversation. Plus, we'll add a chat recap to our site later this week.
Since the big event doesn't start for a few more hours, you can enjoy some of our best Bullying Prevention Month content in the meantime!
- #MissionPositive Choices Challenge: We're encouraging students to go on a scavenger hunt to spread kindness. Get the whole class involved in random acts of kindness!
- Who Rules Your School?: This story provides an in-depth look at high school hierarchies and the nature of cliques.
- The Bully Blocker: Trisha, 15, created her own browser plug-in to stop cyberbullying before it starts. She's our October Choices Changemaker!
- 3 Ways to Create a Culture of Kindness: Judy Goldberg, editor of Choices, shares teaching tools to promote positivity in your classroom.
- How to Deal With Cyberbullying Video: This fun, informative video presents teens with advice about how to handle cyberbullying.
For more anti-bullying resources, check out our list of the 33 best sites for teen health.